Re: No USB with qemu+macOS+USB+iPads

Le 02/02/2023 à 00:15, stand...@gmx.net a écrit :

Thanks, I know it, but nothing of these works for me. I also tred virt-manager without success.

I think there ist another  problem which I don't see.

I do not use Qemu (directly) nor MacOS X nor Ipads so I cannot assure you what you want is feasible

And beware, in Qemu terminoly, an Ipad is not a tablet, it's a computer. To Qemu, tablets are pointing/drawing devices (think Wacom and such)

What I would verify with Virtmanager:

- start virtmanager, open and start MacOSX VM
- I could not say if it is strictly necessary in your case, but verify that you have a guest spice agent or a Qemu guest agent installed in your MacOSX guest. Install it if it's not the case and if you find a guest agent to install (Qemu and Spice guest agents seem available for Linux and Windows guests, MacOS I don't know). - plug (USB) your Ipad to the host (linux), wait until it is detected by the host - in your guest (MacOSX) VM Virtmanager window menu, click on "Virtual Machine", then "redirect a USB peripheral", then you are offered a choice: tick the box of the desired USB device. Even if your Ipad appears in your MacOSX guest, I do not know if will appear in a manageable way for MacOS to help you maintain this Ipad or if it will appear as an external disk, for example. When you say you fail to see your Ipad in the guest, do you mean you are not offered the choice to redirect it or that is is detected by the guest but you cannot maintain it from your MacOSX guest?