Re: systemd and timezone (was: Re: difference in seconds between two formatted dates ...)

On Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 11:04:35AM -0500, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

[...]

> I think you will find a fair number of Unix & Linux servers set a
> default timezone. I sometimes have to set TZ in my bashrc because of
> an unexpected default timezone. Or that's been my experience at the
> GCC Compile Farm, <https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm>.

But it's not the "server's timezone". It is the default timezone for
applications which haven't set one themselves (if they care about it
at all).

A "server's timezone" makes so much sense as a "server's $PATH setting".
Or its $LANG.

But I'm out of it.

Cheers