Re: raid10 is killing me, and applications that aren't willing towait for it to respond

On 12/14/23 04:17, Nicolas George wrote:
tomas@tuxteam.de (12023-12-14):
I've skimmed some of the answers, and they correspond to your confusing
request. Someone mentions DNS timeouts to rule them out right away (do
you access your RAID over the net? Is DNS resolution involved at all?)

no, and no.

He quoted:

Error creating proxy: Error calling StartServiceByName for
org.gtk.vfs.GPhoto2VolumeMonitor: Timeout was reached (g-io-error-quark, 24)

The odd part of that is that there is, stuck on screen on every workspace, a volume control gui of some kind that has no exit icon. I cannot get rid of it. It has a wrench icon where most gui's have an exit button. And that lead to a red trash can icon labeled remove widget, and it did, whatever the heck a widget is.

That means the issue is in the DBus monster moussaka¹. The odds of
finding a solution in the current circumstances are vanishingly thin.

Regards,

Cheers, Nik, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis