Re: update-ca-certificates

On 12/13/23 20:25, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 07:54:45PM -0500, Pocket wrote:
What formats does certs need to be to work with update-ca-certificates?

PEM or DER?

I have just finished writing some scripts to generate certs for my email
server and nginx server.

The scripts allow me to become my own CA.

The man page states that the cert needs to have a suffix of .crt.

By definition certs ending are in der format.

Will pem format type certs work?

Have you looked at the examples?
/usr/share/doc/ca-certificates/examples/ca-certificates-local/

Yes I have, the issue is the man page does not specify the type of certs it can process

--
It's not easy to be me