Re: raid10 is killing me, and applications that aren't willing to wait for it to respond

gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> writes:

> I thought I was doing things right a year back when I built a raid10
> for my /home partition. but I'm tired of fighting with it for
> access. Anything that wants to open a file on it, is subjected to a
> freeze of at least 30 seconds BEFORE the file requester is drawn on
> screen.  Once it has done the screen draw and the path is established,

Where is the raid10 located and how is it interfaced to the device
you're accessing it from? That delay, along with other things you
mentioned suggests (but this is only a guess without other relevant
information) a DNS timeout.

Cheers,
Tom