Re: Is it safe to install Bookworm on a new machine now?

On Tue, Dec 12, 2023, at 6:22 PM, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 12, 2023 at 05:47:48PM -0800, Rick Thomas wrote:
>> Is there a netinst iso that I can use to safely install Bookworm (stable) on a new PC?
>
> Well, with a netinst, the issue isn't what's on the netinst medium.  It's
> what's on the Debian mirrors, which the installer will use for most of
> your packages.
>
> Even if you were to use a Debian 12.2 installer image, you'd still end
> up bringing in packages for Debian 12.4 during the installation.
>
> If your machine has no wifi interface, you *might* be safe to install
> now.  But if in doubt, I'd wait.

Well, the machine in question has a wi-fi but I don't plan on using it.  Though unless I'm misunderstanding, just having a wi-fi (used or not) is enough to trigger the bug.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

So, is there an ETA for the fix?

Thanks!
Rick