Re: Is it safe to install Bookworm on a new machine now?

On Tue, Dec 12, 2023 at 05:47:48PM -0800, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Is there a netinst iso that I can use to safely install Bookworm (stable) on a new PC?

Well, with a netinst, the issue isn't what's on the netinst medium.  It's
what's on the Debian mirrors, which the installer will use for most of
your packages.

Even if you were to use a Debian 12.2 installer image, you'd still end
up bringing in packages for Debian 12.4 during the installation.

If your machine has no wifi interface, you *might* be safe to install
now.  But if in doubt, I'd wait.