Re: Image handling in mutt

David <bouncingcats@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, the filename extension is usually irrelevant on Linux, because
> Linux tools typically
> use the standard 'file' command to inspect the content of the
> fileinstead of relying on
> the filename to indicate content.

It is very often not irrelevant for files that you might want to edit.
Emacs (and I assume many editors) can provide a great deal of support
for specific types of file and, by default, uses the extension (the
term used in the Emacs documentation) to determine the file type.

Cheers,

Loris

--
This signature is currently under constuction.