Re: Need clarifications about how to deal with the installed problematic kernel, linux-image-6.1.0-14-amd64 (6.1.64-1)

Hi Andy

> Sent: Monday, December 11, 2023 at 3:20 PM
> From: "Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@einval.com>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Need clarifications about how to deal with the installed problematic kernel, linux-image-6.1.0-14-amd64 (6.1.64-1)

> dpkg is low level: it will work to install one .deb, usually this has to be
> one in the same directory. Apt will install more than one because it also
> keeps tabs on dependencies.

Noted.

> Please ask OpenVPN to set up an apt repository :)

Many, many Debian users who also use OpenVPN have asked OpenVPN to do just that.

Based on my recollection, OpenVPN claimed that they were unable to accede to the request to set up an official repo for Debian. It appears that it's onerous on the part of OpenVPN's developers to conform to Debian's strict requirements and polices.

Best wishes.

Stella

P.S.: It doesn't matter to me the location of the official *deb files for OpenVPN as long as they are provided by OpenVPN.