Re: IMPORTANT: do NOT upgrade to new stable point release

On Sun, Dec 10, 2023 at 11:50:18AM -0500, Gary Dale wrote:
> On 2023-12-09 14:18, Michael Kjörling wrote:
> > On 9 Dec 2023 20:54 +0200, from alexis@nanoid.net (Alexis Grigoriou):
> > > I just upgraded to Bookworm this morning. I did reboot a couple of
> > > times but there seems to be no problem (yet). Is there anything I
> > > should look for or do other than rebooting?
> > If you upgraded this morning, then I would expect that you are okay
> > for now.
> >
> > Per #5 in https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1057843
> > the bug is present in kernel Debian package version 6.1.64-1. If you
> > are on 6.1.55-1 (current Bookworm stable per last night) you _likely_
> > aren't affected. If you are on 6.1.55-1 (or earlier), just hold off on
> > upgrades for now; and if you need to upgrade something else, take
> > great care for now to ensure that no Linux kernel packages get
> > upgraded to any version < 6.1.66, and preferably not < 6.1.66-1.
> >
> > For versions, check:
> >
> > * uname -v
> > * dpkg -l linux-image-\*
> >
> > In that bug report thread, #21 lists 6.1.66 as fixed upstream, and #28
> > indicates that 6.1.66-1 includes the fix from upstream, and that it is
> > being published.
> >
> Any idea when the fixed version will hit stable? With headless servers, it's
> a pain to downgrade to a previous kernel version.

Give them a little while: release team are working on it right now as I type

I'm fairly sure they're pushing it out more or less immediately once they're
sure that it's built correctly and synced to all the appropriate places to
be further synced to mirrors

"Now" is almost exactly Sun 10 Dec 16:55:43 UTC 2023

Andy
(amacater@debian.org)