Re: ntpsec as server questions

On 12/7/23 09:22, John Hasler wrote:
Greg writes:
You'd think that you can determine the length of the test by
subtracting the start time from the end time, right?
That would have worked had the times been stored as UTC (better yet, TAI
or Unix time since UTC can cause a similar problem).  Databases should
never store local time.

Yes that is true.

I use UTC on all my systems as I have some windows machines, one win xp dell laptop and two win 7 one laptop and one desktop.

The dell seems to be too old to use bookworm and the others are used for apps that only run on windows (3d cad engineering)

I just purchased a new laptop yesterday (the price was too good to pass up)  so I guess I will find out the trials and tribulations of installing bookworm on a new machine with secure boot and the new boot systems.  I have only have experience with BIOS boot loaders.

Maybe there will be another thread for that ;)

--
It's not easy to be me