Re: ntpsec as server questions

On Wed 06 Dec 2023 at 18:16:42 (-0500), Pocket wrote:
> On 12/6/23 15:28, David Wright wrote:
> > Likely none for times present and future, unless Eric Adams should
> > pass a timezone bill. (In the 2010s, several U.S. states considered
> > legislation to move from the Eastern Time Zone to Atlantic Standard
> > Time, allegedly.)
> >
> > But I've already posted an example in this thread where these
> > timezones give different answers:
> >
> >    https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2023/12/msg00329.html
> >
> Which BTW this whole discussion about timezones is just water over the dam.
>
> The system should be set to UTC, the "timezone" issue is really just a
> "human" issue as the UTC clock is always correct

While I'm glad we're not discussing whether or not the RTC is set to
UTC or TAI or local time, I do want my computers to display to /me/ the
correct date and time corresponding to my location. And when I travel,
I expect my phone to switch its display automatically, using some
reasonably up-to-date tables.

Cheers,
David.