Re: Recommended simple PDF viewer to replace Evince

On 12/4/23 19:20, Paul M Foster wrote:
On Mon, Dec 04, 2023 at 05:12:28PM -0600, Tom Browder wrote:

I have used Evince as my PDF viewer and printer program for many
years. It still works, but it has been spitting out error messages for
a very long time. to wit:

     (evince:81435): EvinceView-CRITICAL **: 16:44:57.520: \
             ev_pixbuf_cache_set_selection_list: \
             assertion 'EV_IS_PIXBUF_CACHE (pixbuf_cache)' failed

The help option doesn't shed any light to me, but it does reference
the website. However, every time I've tried the site throws an error.
That also has been happening for a LONG time.

I would like to use another program which is similar but has good
documentation. I don't need a heavy duty program like LibreOffice,
Just something for viewing and printing.

A bonus would be one with documented CLI use with CUPS printers.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Best regards,

-Tom

I use xpdf, which is extremely simple and will allow printing. Don't think
it has a CLI interface. However, I would imagine that simply feeding a PDF
to the printer should work for printing. I could be wrong, though.

Paul

And I've used okular, which is much like evince.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis