Re: Telnet

tomas@tuxteam.de (12023-12-04):
> Which, in the case of interaction with HTTP (and most others) actually
> comes in handy. Those explicit \r\n get old pretty fast...

Just hope you will not need to emit a LATIN SMALL LETTER Y WITH
DIAERESIS in ISO-8859-1.

Anyway, the treatment done by telnet is not bad per se, provided we know
(1) that they happen, (2) if we need them in our use case and (3) how to
turn them off. I guess most people who use telnet as a general network
client do not know either (1) nor (2) nor (3).

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George