Re: ntpsec as server questions

On 04/12/2023 23:34, Greg Wooledge wrote:
WTH?  Where is that false 12 hour offset coming from?
There is no 12 hour offset.  One is being reported in 24-hour time, and
the other in 12-hour time (it says "PM"), because of different locale
definitions.

    dpkg-reconfigure locales

Or its equivalent for modified armbian. See /etc/default/locale and
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch09.en.html#_customized_display_of_time_and_date
"9.3.4. Customized display of time and date" and "9.5.5. System and hardware time". I hope, no applications rely on specific locale while parsing time or numbers.

    echo "$TZ"

https://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/TZ-Variable.html
but ignore most of its content, use zone identifiers like America/New_York

This device may have rather outdated tzdata package. The database is updated several times a year. Maybe your time zone has not changed since that version was released.

I would not be surprised if this box does something fancy like sending a request to some GeoIP database and setting timezone accordingly to received response.