Re: systemd-journald log location

On Mon, Dec 04, 2023 at 11:46:23AM +0000, Adam Weremczuk wrote:
> Is it a good idea to move it from /run/log/journal to e.g. /var/journal-log?
>
> I can't find a suitable option in /etc/systemd/journald.conf

If you want to enable persistent journal storage (which by the way
has become the default in more recent Debian releases), please follow
the two steps documented in "man systemd-journald":

    mkdir -p /var/log/journal
    systemd-tmpfiles --create --prefix /var/log/journal

Or... check whether this already exists and contains data on your
system.