Re: time question, as in ntp?

On 2023-11-30 19:06, gene heskett wrote:
On 11/30/23 09:14, John Hasler wrote:
Gene writes:
I want to put it at 192.168.71.100/24. How do I do that in
/etc/dhcpcd.conf?

You don't.  That file tells the client how to get an ip (among other
things) from the server.  The default configuration should work.  You
assign static ips on the server when using dhcp. But why do you want to
do that?

I don't want or need a dhcp-server.
For the router/firewall thing I have a PC with pfsense, specifying the DHCP pool. As I don't know what I'm doing it has a web interface. A new install can get an IPaddress from that and I can go on the web interface and make it permanent.
So like everything is in one place.
cheers
mick