Re: packages listed vs. apt-rdepends --follow=Depends ...

On 12/2/23, Tom Furie <tom@furie.org.uk> wrote:
> 'apt depends <package>' would list the direct dependencies without
> recursion.

 Thank you, I think I got what I needed (at least for now).

$ apt depends wget
wget
  Depends: libc6 (>= 2.28)
  Depends: libgnutls30 (>= 3.7.0)
  Depends: libidn2-0 (>= 0.6)
  Depends: libnettle8
  Depends: libpcre2-8-0 (>= 10.22)
  Depends: libpsl5 (>= 0.16.0)
  Depends: libuuid1 (>= 2.16)
  Depends: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
  Conflicts: <wget-ssl>
  Recommends: ca-certificates
$

$ apt depends wget 2>&1 | grep "  Depends: " | awk '{ print $2}'
libc6
libgnutls30
libidn2-0
libnettle8
libpcre2-8-0
libpsl5
libuuid1
zlib1g
$

On 12/2/23, Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2023 at 10:01:54PM -0600, David Wright wrote:
>> That requires you to be online, aka "exposed mode". The OP only
>> exposes a live USB to the outside world, not their "real" system.
>
> If the OP doesn't have a same-release, same-architecture connected
> system to use for this purpose, then I don't have an answer.  I don't
> deal with this stone-age crap any longer, and I am unable to express
> how *happy* I am that this is the case.

 At times *being* and *keeping moving* is entirely fine, you don't
have to be *happy* and I am not sure if I am living in the stone-age
or the brave new world in which we are living these days. One thing is
sure, I can't be naive about any of it.

 I do have the "same-release, same-architecture connected system" I
just want to make as sure (among other things meaning -on a hardware
level-), as I possibly could that, by simply rebooting a live DVD you
can "switch" (as it were) from one to the other.

 As a simple matter of economy (I use almost exclusively amd64 based
hardware), I am trying to streamline a way of:
 a) booting a live Deb Linux from a DVD (which, physically, you can't
write onto)
 b) running a short script with an array of utility packages which are
not part of §a's install base preferably from a pen drive or a
subdirectory of a hard drive you could mount
 then you would:
 1) boot up
 2) (from the USB pen drive) run §b's dpkg-based script
 3) install the extra stuff you need including Selenium-automation
versions of firefox (gecko) and brave (chromium)
~
 4) go into "exposed mode": setup networking, macchanger (I know in my
case it is silly, but I do it anyway), ...
 after going about the exposed-mode tests you need to and all
etceteras you had to check out online
~
 (n-2)) disconnect yourself from the internet (software + hardware by
removing the wifi USB dongle or cable) ...
 (n-1)) optionally, run script to check which files were changed
during your run and how
 n) shutdown

 Some of you have suggested using apt-clone and apt-move, but I think
this is a simpler way to solve what you see as an XY problem and it
doesn't really matter if you use a "different", "newer" version of Deb
Linux. Most probably all of this is plain nonsense to all of you, but
I have no other way to work. They are even using "AI" to mess with
people they target and it doesn't matter if they know well (which they
have actually told me) that you are not a criminally minded dude, a
threat to society, ... and they are quite literally
watching/monitoring you 24x7.

 lbrtchx