Re: packages listed vs. apt-rdepends --follow=Depends ...

On Sat, Dec 02, 2023 at 02:52:25AM +0000, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>  direct dependencies of packages which haven't been downloaded,
> install. I need to download those packages.
>  These should be a straightforward way to do that or an easy hack.
>  lbrtchx

I /think/ this hack might involve iterations until you hit a fixed
point.

See -- package dependencies are listed in the package itself, so
you know your original package's direct dependencies. Off you go,
download those, look into those packages, find the dependencies...
and off you go, download the dependencies's dependencies.

Until you reach the fixed point.

There's one package, apt-cache, which can look at a pre-made complete
dependencies's network. But to update that database you have to be
online...

Sounds like quite the fun.

Cheers