Re: network question

On Thu, Nov 09, 2023 at 02:05:49PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> Greetings all netsperts;
>
> I've purchased a new 3d printer which is factory equipt with klipper.

[...]

> So the questions  are:
> What do I need to change in my network config on this machine so I can ping
> all 65536 address of the 192.168 block of ipv4 address?

You might try nmap. But who knows -- perhaps the printer is civilised and

 - waits for a DHCP to assign it an addres
 - gives itself one of those APIPA addresses (169.254.x.y)
   you love so much ;-)
 - comes up with a link-local IPv6

all of which would be RFC compliant.

> Will changing the CIDR, presently /24 to /16 be sufficient?

...you mean: your netmask? You would have to, if you want to
have a route to all those addresses.

Another thing I would do: start tcpdump, then switch the
printer on, and watch what happens in the net.

Cheers