Re: Alternative to NetworkManager on Debian 12

On Thu, Nov 2, 2023 at 11:41 AM Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> I am a bit surprised by a use case when temporary unplugging of cable
> should be ignored. I have not tested it, but I hope, a setting, I have
> noticed in docs, allows NetworkManager to handle it as well.

I think it is a bit broader than that. On wireless devices, like cell
phones, some connection managers pretend the device is [still]
connected to the network, even when service drops. So the device seems
like it is always connected, and a loss of the link is not exposed up
the stack.

I don't know if NetworkManager behaves the same way. But I know the
connection managers on WIndows and iOS used to behave that way.

Jeff