Re: Alternative to NetworkManager on Debian 12

On 01/11/2023 21:33, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
I was just pointing at the fact that even ifupdown can automatically bring up an interface on connect (cf. allow-hotplug), courtesy of udev.

Doesn't allow-hotplug means adding a network adapter (e.g. a USB one), not plugging network cable into an existing adapter (built-in or connected earlier)? I believed that e.g. ifplugd is necessary if there are reasons to avoid NetowrkManager and systemd-networkd.