I do write here with
###

Hi Sophie,

<snip>
> +++
> I know.
> But how can I produce a bug report
> when the PC is frozen?

Take an image - type out any message you see on screen
and copy it into an email here?

###
What is a image and how can I copy it?

This I did fin:

What is a Linux image?
So the Linux kernel image is an image (a picture of the state) of the Linux kernel that is able to run by itself after giving the control to it. Nowadays, the bootloader loads such an image from the hard disk's filesystem (driver is needed), replaces itself with it and so gives the control to it.

> +++
> I do booting---> Crash

What *sort* of crash?

###
The machine is frozen
and the message is:
panic occured.

PC cannot react on keyboard or mouse.

I made foto of the last lines.

* The machine does not get any further than the first boot screen -
the blue background and white text - if you press Enter and select
the entry that boots Debian/

###
no

*  The machine hangs / does not take any input

###
Yes.

 / is
locked up after some time - say 30 seconds - beyond that screen?

###
Yes
and the last lines
I caught with a digicam.

* The machine starts but immediately reboots

###
No.

> I do booting from HD

So - the initial blue and white screen?

###
We do it simple.

One PC
One user
One OS

We did install from CD
and update until 9
no problem.

No special software.

The screen is black.

> I interrupt booting and I do change to recobery mode
> then there is DEBIAN 11.

How do you interrupt booting - what do you do to interrupt it?

####
I start PC in the morning
after seconds there is a menu:

Debian
Debian recovery
We chose recovery.

Not chosing recovery:
Frozen PC
after many messages.

If you select recovery mode:

At this point, there is a kernel running in memory and a minimal system.

###
Sorry I dont understand.

Do You ask for a special message.

Where can I read it out.

The disk is not really touched yet.

> > I do booting recovery mode
> > all is fine.

See question above:

> So: you are running Debian 11.
> +++
> Yes.
>
> You boot from an install medium?
> ++++
> I do booting from HD
> like every day before.
>

> Instead of "install", you choose "recovery mode".
>
> ++++
>
> Sorry no.
>
> Morning.
> I push button of PC
>
> PC is starting
>
> DEBIAN tried to boot.

We need to know as precisely as possible what it did: if the filesystem is
corrupted or if there's another problem.

###
How can I check it.

I am beginners
but I think GRUB is destroyed.

I think file system is fine.

Or any booting file is damaged.

What files shal I read out?

> Now I interrupt booting
> change to recovery.

See above: how?

> Next question:
>
> Is this on a desktop or on a laptop - what *sort* of computer, what type?
>

> ++++
> Its a desktop PC.
>
> > Can I check the PC using recovery mode?
> >

> The recovery mode looks very like an install. If you work through, then you
> should eventually be asked which filesystem to mount as your main partition.
>
> +++
> I think no.
>
> When I do chose recovery it is booting like an OK-Debian.
>
> If you are able to mount the original root (/) partition, you may also be
> able to find out any logs or error messages written to disk which may help
> diagnosis of your problem.
>

> +++
> How do I mount?
>
> When do I have to mount?

If you boot from an install CD or USB - as if you were going to install -
the system runs in memory only.

###

This not working.
Sorry.

At that point, if you select "recovery"
you are running in memory and can run through a process that will allow
you to point to the system on the hard disk.

###
I only can boot from HD.

> You may be asked whether you want to reinstall Grub to make the system
> bootable
>

> > Does the same thing happen if you boot off a live operating system image?
> > Yes.
>
> Can you show us - maybe by using the live system to export the install
> logs?

###
Live system is not running.
Im sorry.

> Second question here.
>
> Can I read out
> install logs during using recovery?

If you are using recovery - at some point you will be able to access the
system on disk and, potentially, save off logs.

###
Good idea.

Which files I should copy to GEDIT
and post it here?

> Or grub?
>

> > I tried to kill Debian by install it new with a LIVE CD.
> > Same bug report.

If you can get a boot medium, you should be able to reinstall from
nothing - but we need to know/see what's going on.

> Last and final question for now:
>
> Do you have anything that you *need* on this computer - any data that is
> important to you?
>

> +++
> No.
> I do daily backup.
>
>  If not, I would suggest that you use a new install
> medium for Debian 12 - the netinst at https://www.debian.org/index.de.html
>

> +++
> Sorry for stupid question.

If you can write the standard Debian installer - not the live installer -
to a USB stick, then that should be bootable and install.

> > Thank You
> > Please ask me.
> >

> All the very best, as ever,
>
> Andy Cater