Re: Bookworm: NetworkManager

On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 7:13 PM Pocket wrote:

> On 10/22/23 18:36, Lee wrote:

> >> Because that only affects isc-dhcp-client, and does nothing for other
> >> DHCP clients, such as Network Manager.
> > I can sort of understand that an all volunteer project is going to
> > have some rough edges and inconsistencies, but this is a bit much.  My
> > understanding is that ISC no longer supports their dhcp client
> > software so the isc-dhcp-client package will go away someday?
> > correct?  & I suspect whatever works today will break when the new
> > software comes out, so I'd rather get a head-start on how to work with
> > the replacement.
> >
> > How can I find out who is working on what replacement?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Lee
> >

> https://www.isc.org/kea/

Yes, that's the ISC replacement.  But I get the impression Debian is
leaning towards using dhcpcd
https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2023/06/msg00121.html

There's a very good chance I'm missing something, which is why I'm
asking what will be the new default dhcp client software?  (for
debian)

Thanks
Lee