Bookworm: NetworkManager

I want NetworkManager to not over write /etc/resolv.conf

According to the docs if dns=none is set it will not touch /etc/resolv.conf

This is what I need /etc/resolv.conf to be (I have bind on the machine)

domain example.org
nameserver 127.0.0.1
options edns0 trust-ad

First Go at this

This is conf.d/dns.conf

[main]
dns=none
rc-manager=unmanaged

[global-dns]
searches= example.org
options=edns0 trust-ad

Did not work, it still overwrote /etc/resolv.conf on booting

So I then edited NetworkManager.conf as follows after restoring /etc/resolv.conf to what I need

[main]
plugins=ifupdown,keyfile
dns=none

[ifupdown]
managed=false

[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no

And it still over writes /etc/resolv.conf on booting/rebooting

cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Generated by NetworkManager
search example.org search.charter.com columbus.rr.com
nameserver 192.168.1.6
nameserver 192.168.1.1

Is there something I am over looking?

--