Re: Intermittent WiFi on Network Manager

On 10/9/23 07:47, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
On 07/10/2023 08:11, gene heskett wrote:
Another possibility is a leaky microwave oven in the vicinity. As

Also check the color of the microwave: if it's bright magenta, change it to a black one.

No, wait, that's SATA cables. Never mind.

Actually Eduardo it can be any cable. First observed in the 1970's at the height of the CB radio craze, and the then Japanese dominant radios used that color of wire for the microphones push to talk switch. I was benching at Norfolk 2-Way Radio, a 2nd afternoon job while careing for and feeding a uhf transmitter for the Nebraska ETV Commission and about the time we were celebrating our 200th anniversary as a nation, I had around 75 radios on the back shelf of the service room, waiting on microphone cable replacements I couldn't get cuz by then nearly everyone in the cable making business had offshored the making to the J.A.Pan co.

That was the only cable we could get thru our supply chaanels, and its life in a large car was much less than a year. Belden finally came to our rescue by starting up a line to make coil cord versions, but they thought we were roping cattle with them so it took a 40 lb pull on a 2 foot cable to make it 3 feet. Complaints to the J.A.Pan src's must have been read by employee's who spoke or read no English as it took several years to get that fixed.

Then the same plastic die started showing up in computers at about the same time sata became the interface std. As the outer jacket color cuz it was purty. The actual wire inside may have a different color jacket inside the magenta sleeve, but that only prolongs the failure to 3 to 5 years time frame.

The initial failure shows up in the logs as drive resets. So if the log blows up when one of those colored cables is touched by a pencil, its gone, but for a long term fix, use any other color. It will last longer. A lot longer.

Folks laugh at me, and I guess I'm an urban legend. I'll soon be gone as I turned 89 last week. I've done pretty good on an 8th grade education, but I tested at IQ of 147 in the 7nth grade. quit school and went to work fixing them new things called tv's in 1948. Got a 1st phone in 1962 and a job at the local tv station. Saw a notice in the local fish wrap that the local Community College was testing for Certified Electronics Technician certificates in 1972, walked into the classroom of the prof teaching the class the next morning and put my 20 dollar bill on his desk. Had 4 hours to do it. I was down with that years flu so I spent some time in the john, but finished the test in 45 minutes. Raised his eyebrows a long ways when he laid the answer stencil on my test papers and saw a sea of black. He had been teaching that class for several years. I, a total stranger with a $20 bill for his time, was the first to pass that test. Not a single one of his students had passed it. That certificate, has gotten me every job I've asked for since, its testimony that I do know what the hell I'm doing. Yes, I have made mistakes, and I'm honest about it when I do, but this isn't one of them. There is one CET for every hundred EE's who can't pass it. They haven't gotten their hands dirty enough. I've been there, and done that, got my hands dirty and learned by doing.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis