Re: Debian will not boot any more, wrong UUID

Hans composed on 2023-09-30 17:34 (UTC+0200):
> On my notebook I have 2 drives, one is a NVME drive, the other a normal
> harddrive....

What I would try to do in sequence if I had it here:

1-have Acer support explain why the AHCI option disappeared, and get it to restore
it with new BIOS or laptop if necessary. I wouldn't have high expectations that
this would succeed unless the OEM boot device with Windows remained as shipped for
delivery to support for analysis, but try at least. Usually best when buying a
brand new computer with Windows for use with Linux to not disturb the OEM drive
content before the warranty expires. IOW, store it elsewhere than in the computer.

2-remove both drives

3-clear/reset the UEFI BIOS so that no boot devices appear

4-reboot into BIOS do see if AHCI option has reappeared

5-try booting a live USB without any installed HDD or NVME

6-install one NVME or HDD that has been wiped or otherwise virgin

7-install Debian in UEFI mode
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
	based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata