Re: Debian will not boot any more, wrong UUID

Am Sonntag, 1. Oktober 2023, 20:24:40 CEST schrieb Michel Verdier:

Hi Michel,> Did you change both kernel param and fstab ? You can use /dev/xxx
in
> fstab, no need to know the uuid.

I tried /dev/nvmeXXXXX (I could see the correct device in /etc/fstab "device
was /dev/nvmeXXXX at inbstallation"), but this did not help.

> You can also add the kernel param biosdevname=0 to get the old name. In
> this case your nvme should be the first so named /dev/sda.

Hmm, this I did not try! Will try it tomorrow.

> If you don't remember partitioning you can install cygwin and use fdisk
> on it. cygwin also provides blkid to get label and uuid.

I tried to get the UUID in Windows but I am not sure, if GUID (Microsoft
naming?) is the same as UUID in Linux.

Setting the GUID in kernel parm did also not help.

But I will try biosdevname=0, thats a good hint!

Best regards

Hans