Re: sata driver compataility Q

On 9/15/23 17:56, Andy Smith wrote:
Hello,

On Fri, Sep 15, 2023 at 05:35:40PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
This setup worked instantly under buster and bullseye, but takes from 30
secs to 5 minutes to open a write requestor window asking where to put the
download I clicked on under bookworrm.

I think you should work out why that happens before spending a lot
of money on new hardware. It doesn't seem at all likely to me that
your existing hardware is at fault. Buying new hardware risks
experiencing the same thing with still no idea why.

Thanks,
Andy

I won't argue on that point Andy, but it now been several months asking the same question from different angles and not getting a single helpful reply. I know my reputation is bad because I often use the box I'm supposed to stay inside of, as kindling to start the next campfire. I don't "stay inside that famous box" unless there is someone outside shooting at me, it which case I might shoot back. Computers can do anything you can write an interface to tickle the hardware for.

Now if someone can have me check something that might be aglay, my fingers to do that check are at your disposal. It eventually works, 100% of the time. But why the 30 sec to 5 minute delay before it allows me to do what I asked?

Frustrated is the PC word, but that is certainly not how I describe it in my lonelyness. There is not anyone here to hear me rant except me, which is probably a "good thing".

Thanks, take care and stay well Andy.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis