Re: Chromium under Xfce/bookworm anyone?

On Wed Sep 13 10:22:29 2023 David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed 13 Sep 2023 at 08:24:27 (-0400), Celejar wrote:
>
>> I have no choice - there's at least one important site (of a major
>> financial institution) that I need that simply doesn't work with
>> Firefox.

Tell me about it.  I normally use Seamonkey (a Firefox variant),
but even the latest Firefox didn't work.

> Usual question: what does "doesn't work" mean?

I can do most of my online banking with Seamonkey/Firefox, but when
trying to activate a new credit card I got halfway into a set of
screens that I don't normally access, and things just hung.

I decided I might as well waste as much of the bank's time as they
were wasting of mine, so I went down to my local branch and managed
to get a supervisor.  The first thing he did was ask me which
browser I was using.  I told him I was using Firefox, and he said,
"Never heard of it."  (!)

He turned around his terminal so I could get at it, and I went through
the same steps as I had tried at home.  Naturally, since it was running
their anointed browser (Microsoft Edge), everything went smoothly.
I pointed out that this is a form of discrimination, and left the bank
muttering things about digital racism.  Since the supervisor wasn't
Caucasian, this had a gratifying effect.

--
/~\  Charlie Gibbs                  |  They offer a huge range of
\ /  <cgibbs@kltpzyxm.invalid>      |  world-class vulnerabilities