Re: How to install the kernel 5.4.14 (source and headers) packages on Debian buster.

Hello to everyone.

I'm trying to configure qemu 5.1 on Debian Buster on top of my ARM chromebook,like this :

/configure --disable-werror --target-list=arm-softmmu --enable-opengl --enable-gtk --enable-kvm --enable-guest-agent --enable-spice --audio-drv-list="oss pa" --enable-libusb --enable-trace-backend=simple --enable-debug --prefix=/usr/local

but I get the following error :

ERROR: User requested feature gtk ;
      configure was not able to find it.
      Install gtk3-devel

I tried to install the package libgtk-3-dev :

root@chromarietto:/home/marietto/Dati/virt/qemu-v5.1.0# apt-get install libgtk-3-dev

but it won't be installed :

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies :

libgtk-3-dev : Depends: libatk-bridge2.0-dev but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libatk1.0-dev (>= 2.15.1) but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libegl1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libepoxy-dev (>= 1.0) but it is not going to be installed

Any suggestions to fix it ? thanks.

On Sat, Sep 2, 2023 at 5:10 AM Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> wrote:
On 02/09/2023 04:15, Mario Marietto wrote:
> I've got a crazy idea : I see that Ubuntu has a 5.4 kernel source and
> header package. Is there a method or tool to convert these packages to
> debian packages so that I can use them on Debian ?

Kernel image from one project and headers+sources from another one may
be a call to trouble due to different config and set of patches.

I suspect that kernel image+modules packages from Ubuntu would not work
for you.

Having config for your current kernel in /boot you may try to rebuild
the whole suite from sources (if you can get applied patches).

--
Mario.