Re: Emacsclient bug in sid

On 01/09/2023 00:10, Wang Yizhen wrote:
emacsclient -c -a "" -n

Instead of --alternate-editor= I would consider socket activation by systemd user session. It ensures that emacs server process is started in controlled environment that does not depend on caller process.

You may try to add explicit option --display="$DISPLAY" (I am unsure concerning WAYLANDDISPLAY and pgtk emacs builds). Its effect is a bit different from standard X11 -display option and it is a reason why it is used in emacs .desktop files

    grep Exec /usr/share/applications/emacsclient*.desktop

However I have not tried emacs-29 and it may have new bugs.