Re: Sleep: out of control

On 2023-08-31 at 13:03, zithro wrote:

> On 31 Aug 2023 14:17, Tom Browder wrote:
>
>> Note:  The systemd "/etc/systemd/sleep.conf" file has all entries commented
>> out.
>
> Take care, commenting may NOT be the same as disabling/setting to NO !
>
> Each software has its own rules, but _usually_ when you comment out the
> lines, the app built-in defaults will be used (like openssh).
> Systemd behaves like that, at least that's what I observed after
> commenting out the NTP server lines of systemd-timesync.

In this case, on my system, the file in question begins with a comment
that includes the following lines:

# Entries in this file show the compile time defaults.
# You can change settings by editing this file.
# Defaults can be restored by simply deleting this file.

In other words: the commented-out entries are present to document both
what the available configuration settings are, and what values will be
used for those settings if you do not set them to something else.

Leaving them commented does not set them, so unless they are somehow set
elsewhere, that means that the value shown in the comment will be used.

(Assuming that the component which handles those settings is going to
run at all, that is. As has been suggested, masking / etc. the
appropriate service would probably prevent that.)

Tom, does your version of that file not include a comment with that same
information?

--
   The Wanderer