Re: next question in the arm64 world

On 8/13/23 16:12, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
On Sun, Aug 13, 2023 at 02:35:56PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
The arm64 board I have a 6 pack of, has an emmc memory of 16Gb soldered on
it, which would be handier than sliced bread to put stuff needed over system
upgrades, like gcodes to drive 3d printers or cnc machinery.  Or network
configs.

If it's an emmc, it may well come up as a storage device - what does mount
say?

Unfortunately, this kernel still doesn't seem to recognize it:

Linux bpi52 6.1.30-meson64 #8 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 24 16:32:53 UTC 2023
aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

This is the upstream BSP kernel at a guess - it's not a Debian kernel version - and the meson64 gives it away.

  What do the manufacturers of the Banana Pi say?

What do Armbian say?

Is there a module I've not heard about which will allow it to be formatted,
mounted and used?

I may have found it, Andy, there is an unmounted /dev/mmcblk1 device which ack fdisk has no partition table and is within 200k of the right size. Looks like the most likely culprit to me...

Fdisk might work - but until we know what the kernel actually reports
from dmesg / proc or whatever, none of us can help.
Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
--

All best, as ever,