Re: ipv6 maybe has arrived.

On 8/13/23 13:59, Celejar wrote:
On Fri, 10 Feb 2023 16:20:00 +0300
Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:

	Hi.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 08:04:38AM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 05:58:07AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
hosts:          files mymachines dns myhostname

This is wrong.

But I didn't put them there, the armbian/jammy install iso did.

You're correct, but for the wrong reason.

I don't know where you got it from, but "mymachines"
and "myhostname" are not valid entries in this file.

On the contrary.

apt show libnss-myhostname libnss-mymachines
Interesting if I knew the why and what:
Package: libnss-myhostname
Version: 249.11-0ubuntu3.9

Package: libnss-mymachines
Version: 249.11-0ubuntu3.9

N: There are 4 additional records. Please use the '-a' switch to see them.
That -a option apparently shows older versions that have been overwritten.

Why would anyone in their sane mind willingly install those is another
question :)

libnss-mymachines is marked as automatically installed on my (Debian
Sid) system:

$ aptitude why libnss-mymachines
i   libvirt-daemon-system         Depends    libvirt-daemon-system-systemd (= 9.6.0-1) | libvirt-daemon-system-sysv (= 9.6.0-1)
i A libvirt-daemon-system-systemd Depends    systemd-container
i A systemd-container             Recommends libnss-mymachines

So if one wants to run libvirt as a system service on a systemd system,
and "Recommends" are installed by default (which I would assume is a
not uncommon scenario), then one will end up with libnss-mymachines
installed.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis