Re: UNUBSCRIBE

On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 15:54:58 +0100
Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:

> Since the OP wants out, I'd have thought it /extremely/ unlikely
> they'll read any on-list replies.
>
> The usual behaviour seems to be;
>
> 1. send (misspelled) an unsubscribe message to list.
> 2. keep receiving messages due to people (understandably) trying to
> help out OP.
> 3. block messages from list and report list address as spam to as many
> places as possible.

Possibly. Although in the past, having sent a similar email, I have
actually gotten acknowledgments from the offender.

I responded as I did in order to teach not only the OP but anyone else
reading the traffic a useful general lesson; one that may apply to
multiple list servers.

> Best course of action is to quietly unsubscribe user ASAP.  Of course,
> that requires somebody with suitable list management access rights.

If you want to do so, and have suitable access, feel free to do so.

To paraphrase an ancient aphorism, unsubscribe a man once, and you have
unsubscribed him. Teach a man how to unsubscribe, and you have
unsubscribed him many times.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com