Re: Why or why not back up "/lost+found"

Default User (12023-08-10):
> > > And, if /lost+found should be excluded, then shouldn't "lost+found"
> > > in any other directories be excluded from backups as well? Why/why
> > > not?

> Unfortunately, I regret to say that I did not find that the answer to
> the question(s) about lost+found in the original post were contained in
> the explanation(s) of its function - at least in what I have read so
> far.

The lost+found directory at the root of the filesystem is special, it is
created when the filesystem is created and set up to receive orphaned
files. A lost+found directory elsewhere… is just a directory with a
wacky name.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George