Re: Why or why not back up "/lost+found"

On Thu, 2023-08-10 at 21:45 +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
> Default User (12023-08-10):
> > And, if /lost+found should be excluded, then shouldn't "lost+found"
> > in
> > any other directories be excluded from backups as well? Why/why
> > not?
>
> Before anybody answers all your question, there is something that
> needs
> checking:
>
> Do you know what lost+found is for?
>
> If not, please read some documentation about it. The explanation of
> its
> function contains the answer to the question I left quoted above.
>
> Regards,

Hi, Nicholas.

Well, I did read some documentation, and I have at least a rudimentary
understanding of fsck and lost+found.

Unfortunately, I regret to say that I did not find that the answer to
the question(s) about lost+found in the original post were contained in
the explanation(s) of its function - at least in what I have read so
far.

Or, maybe I'm just stupid.

I'm sorry if I have bothered you.