Installing Gnome Desktop on Bookworm Cloud Image Fails due to netdev GID

Hi everyone, trying to figure out if this is a bug or just a misunderstanding. I’m attempting to install Gnome on the generic cloud init image of Debian 12 using the package task-gnome-desktop and it’s failing because on the cloud images the netdev group is created with a GID > 999. This causes the network-manager package to fail because it expected netdev to be a system group aka GID < 1000. Changing the GID to something else works and the install continues as normal. Installing a desktop environment on a cloud image is a little atypical but I’m setting up guacamole servers.

Thanks
Shawn