Re: Nvidia graphics driver naming convention

Nicolas Marie <thunderdome2@free.fr> writes:

> My question is about the package naming: is the nvidia-graphics-drivers-tesla-470 specifically built for Tesla
> graphics, and the fact that I can use it for my consumer Nvidia GPU is
> a positive "side effect"?

The description of package nvidia-tesla-470-driver seems clear on what
GPU families are supported and gives a reference to a documentation file
with more details.

I have no idea about the why of the tesla naming. I'd guess it's a
historical reason and lack of manpower to update.