Re: I reinstalled debian bullsee and still have the same messages and this one too

On 7/15/23 11:13 PM, David Christensen wrote:
On 7/15/23 18:59, Maureen L Thomas wrote:
Sender:  pipewire

time:  6:02:34 PM

message:  Failed to receive portal pid: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Name.Has.NO.Owner!  Could not get PID of name "org.freedesktop.portal.Desktop:" no such name

Audit: 3

So I went online and it seems everyone has a different opinion as to what it is with one actually saying that it is inconsequential. So which is it?

I am using debian 11 with gnome.

When do you see the message?

Is it repeatable?  If so, how to repeat?  Please be very specific.

David
There is an apt for reading the logs.  Everytime I open it to copy the logs as you suggeted the very top line is the previous message.  All I have to do is open the log app and it is there.