Re: Wireless temperature & humidity measurement

I was just researching this myself a couple of days ago, and spent
several hours going down a rabbit hole.

It seems that many folks are going the way of using an open source
solution, Home Assistant (aka, HA), (https://www.home-assistant.io/).
Even to the point where I found that folks that used to have
standalone code that could maybe read a sensor was migrated over to HA
and then only supported there.  HA really wants to be the only thing
installed on a machine, to the point where if you do install it on
Debian, if you add any other packages, they won't support you.  But,
installing their HA Operating System (HAOS), which appears to be
Debian based, can be with any number of VMs, some stuff via OCI
compatible stuff (like Docker, and I suppose, Linux containers, though
I'm less sure of this).

All of that is overkill for what you (and I) are looking for:  simple
scraping abilities.

But, it does have a large list of supported hardware and protocols.
So, you could go through the hardware list, find something you like,
and then extract the appropriate software bits.  Or at least identify
what software packages are necessary.

Good luck!  And please, if you find something you like and get up and
running, follow up.

mrc