Re: why bookworm isn't called deb12?

On Fri, 7 Jul 2023 08:14:44 +0800
Bret Busby <bret@busby.net> wrote:

> > i have used wrong word, i don't mean that. you know English is my
> > 2nd language. when we learn foreign language, we tend to parrot
> >
> You do not include in each of your messages, your name and your
> location (at least, the country), and that English is not your
> primary language, and therefore, we have no reason to expect that
> English is not your primary (and possibly, only) language.

What, you couldn't figure that hlyg is not a master of the English
language from his|her|its sentence structure and vocabulary?

Furthermore, this is a world-wide list. We get all levels of English
mastery here, and courtesy calls for not assuming mastery.

Finally, even experts in a language can err and use the wrong word from
time to time.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com