Re: cannot install odcb mariadb in bookworm

On Wed, 05 Jul 2023 15:47:39 -0400,
Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (8bit)>]
> On 06.07.2023 00:18, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 06, 2023 at 12:07:27AM +0500, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:
> >> I'm asking because package names you trying to install have prefixes like
> >> "0-...", "1-...", etc.
> >> Are you following some tutorial, or you've manually downloaded ".deb" files
> >> from somewhere?
> > I've seen that too, on my systems.  It's something that apt-get is
> > doing automatically, and it does not reflect the actual filenames of
> > the .deb files as they sit in /var/cache/apt/archives/.
> >
> > Perhaps apt-get creates a symlink farm temp directory somewhere, with
> > these filenames as symlinks pointing to the real .deb files, for some
> > internal purpose.  I don't know.  It never felt important enough for me
> > to try to figure it out.
> It sure makes more difficult to compare the outputs...
>
> > I doubt it has any relevance to the OP's problem.  I'd focus on this
> > error instead:
> >
> > Setting up tdsodbc:amd64 (1.3.17+ds-2) ...
> > odbcinst: SQLInstallDriverEx failed with Unable to find component
> > name.
> > dpkg: error processing package tdsodbc:amd64 (--configure):
> >   installed tdsodbc:amd64 package post-installation script subprocess
> >   returned error exit status 1
> Even though error message seems obvious, "tdsodbc" package and
> all other odbc related packages install on my system without
> errors and I still can't reproduce the OP's problem.

>    Setting up tdsodbc:amd64 (1.3.17+ds-2) ...
>    odbcinst: Driver installed. Usage count increased to 1.
>         Target directory is /etc
>
> It's also a mystery why OP is trying to install "everything
> odbc", I doubt they need a driver for MSSQL along side with
> drivers for MariaDB and Postgres.
> So I'm on a path to figure out what could be wrong with the OP's
> system and what is their final goal.

I am upgrading freepbx which needs odcb access to the mariadb
databases.
Here is my odbc.ini

       [MySQL-asteriskcdrdb]
	         Description = MySQL connection to 'asteriskcdrdb'
	         database
		           Driver = MySQL
				        Server = localhost
					          Database = asteriskcdrdb
							       Port = 3306
								         Socket =
	         /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
		           Option = 3

and here is my odbcinst.ini
       [MySQL]
	         Description = ODBC for MySQL (MariaDB)
		           Driver =
       /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/odbc/libmaodbc.so
	         FileUsage = 1
		    and that library has a new version under bookworm.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         covici@ccs.covici.com