Re: cannot install odcb mariadb in bookworm

On 30.06.2023 03:11, John Covici wrote:
Hi.  I am trying to install odcb-mariadb in bookworm.  It was fine in
bullseye, but in bookworm I get the following error:
Unpacking odbc-mariadb (3.1.15-3) over (3.1.15-3) ...
Setting up odbc-mariadb (3.1.15-3) ...
odbcinst: SQLInstallDriverEx failed with Unable to find component
name.
dpkg: error processing package odbc-mariadb (--configure):

How to fix?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

No errors on my system.
You might need to add "bookworm-proposed-updates" repo to "/etc/apt/sources.list" and
reinstall "odbcinst" "unixodbc-common" "odbc-mariadb" packages like so:
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt install --reinstall unixodbc-common odbcinst odbc-mariadb

Backup "/etc/odbc.ini" and "/etc/odbcinst.ini" files before re-installation just in case.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org