Re: mounting media in plasma5

> An ext4 file system has its own internal Unix ownerships and permissions.
> When mounted, those ownerships and permissions are what determine who
> can read or write to each file/directory within the file system.

Yes, I know.

> The ACL that's being added at the root directory of the mounted file
> system is giving you extra read privileges on top of what the file
> system permissions grant to you.  I would ignore that for now.

The bad thing: These ACLs have higher pivilges than the filesystem and they
inhibit the writing of the device.

> If you want to write to a mounted ext4 file system where everything
> is owned by root, just become root.  sudo cp myfile /mount/hans/whatever/

No good idea. For myself it would be ok, but not for my customers.

However, as I mentined before, I could either remove ACLs, or better just set
the directory to the rights of the user manually.

Howeverm the last thing is, what I would have been expected by the desktop
environtment. Thus there are two optins: Either this is  a bug or it is set by
the developers to do as it does.

Maybe some maintainer or developer (who might read this) might know more.

Best regards

Hans