Re: digiKam dead, cannot import from camera

On Tue, Jun 27, 2023 at 12:52:09AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> And let me re-iterate for at least the third time, I can see the pix IN the
> camera just fine in the digiKam import window, but I cannot download then to
> my storage in Pictures.

How are you performing this download?

What actually happens when you try it?

Do you get an error message?

If so, what IS the error message?

What is the full pathname of "my storage"?

What is the ownership/permissions of "my storage" directory, and all
of the directories leading to it?

As a reminder, you can get the ownership and permissions of all the
directories along a path using "namei -l /full/path".  For example,

unicorn:~$ namei -l ~/tmp
f: /home/greg/tmp
drwxr-xr-x root root /
drwxr-xr-x root root home
drwxr-xr-x greg greg greg
drwxrwxrwt root root tmp

... which I didn't even know had happened!  Oh well, that's my own
tangential problem to confront.