Re: package managers problem

On 6/21/23 17:08, Andy Smith wrote:
Hello,

On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 03:50:31PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
On 6/20/23 18:23, Andy Smith wrote:
I think it's already been demonstrated in this thread that the
desktop launcher for Synaptic calls policykit to start it, so if as
you claim you do a standard Debian install and then try to launch
Synaptic from the desktop (specifically NOT from a terminal window,
and not using sudo or otherwise) and find "nothing happens", then
that is a bug you should report to Debian.

Maybe, but it was a bullseye bug.

Can we please not do this? First you said it was a Wayland bug, now
you're saying it was a bullseye bug. We don't know what the root
cause of it was and you did not really help with any of the
constructive suggestions people made to try to get there. These
non-specific sweeping statements don't help either. This is how we
go down the route of you making weird claims about IPv6, resolvconf,
etc etc for years to come.

Just try to stick to known facts in case anyone stumbles across this
again.

You were using XFCE4 on Wayland under bullseye right?

Yes.
Cheers,
Andy

Cheers, Gene Heskett.