Re: give us a clue

> Somebody gave me a Toshiba satellite laptop with the identifying number
> C50-A-19T
> I think this is what is called a Dynabook.
> Installed bookworm on it twice the last time with the iso with the freeware.

"freeware"?  As in proprietary software that is gratis?

> This did not automagically cause the trackpad and keyboard to work.
> I could only proceed through the installation with a USB mouse and keyboard.
> A laptop might be handy if anybody got the keyboard and trackpad to work.
> and could indicate what to do.

I can't find any very detailed account of someone installing GNU/Linux on
such a machine, but the few matching entries in
https://linux-hardware.org/ suggest that there's noting special about
that model's keyboard or touchpad and it should "just work".

Does the keyboard/touchpad work at all (e.g. while using another OS
or in the BIOS's setup)?
Assuming it does, I'd recommend looking in the `dmesg` output to see if
there's some hint.  Or maybe try some other install media (e.g. a newer
version of Debian, an older version of Debian, or switch between the
i386 and the amd64 ports)?

        Stefan