Re: disk usage for /usr/lib on bullseye

On Tue, 2023-05-02 at 22:28 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> I think that, to remove all installed packages, a system administrator,
> from the superuser level, needs to run something like
> rm -r /

Or

  apt remove '*'

Man page for apt says it accepts regex and globs for package
specifiers. Other tools like apt-get and aptitude also allow some form
of wildcard specification.

I don't know which of the various packaging tools allow you to force
uninstalling priority essential packages though, but the low level dpkg
itself does, so you can come up with a shell one-liner to get a list of
installed packages and remove them all. Of course, this would break at
some point after removing a package with executable programs used by
package scripts. ;-)

--
Tixy